January through April starts Open Houses for schools. If your child is making any new transition, entering preschool, elementary school, middle school, high school, public or private schools, this is the time to visit the schools and register. If you are entering SJUSD, you should have already called to make an appointment to register your child with the district. If you would like to visit any school in the district, visit the SJUSD website and look for the individual school's tours, or make an appointment to go see the school.
Many preschools are already in open houses, tours and registration mode. Shepard of the Valley preschool just had their registration start this week. My three kids all attended co-op preschools where parents participate in all areas of running the school. It was a wonderful experience for me and my kids being part close knit community during their early years.
Two new schools have recently started in our area: Carden Academy of Almaden and Communitas Charter High School. Check them out if you are interested in exploring more choices.
This Weekend in a Nutshell:
*New Classes at The Little Gym, Hidden Talent Art Studio, Los Gatos Rec., Happy Hollow, Almaden Community Center
* Operation Prom Dress- drop off gently used prom dresses at the Almaden Library
- 2/2 10AM-12PM San Jose Participating Parents Nursery School Open House
- 2/2 9:30AM-10:30AM Weekend Preschoolers at the Farm Series at Hidden Villa
- 2/2 & 2/3 11AM, 1PM & 3PM Hidden Villa Farm Tours & Barnyard Babies
- 2/2 &2/3 10AM-5PM Lunar New Year Celebration at Children's Discovery Museum
- 2/9 7PM-10PM Pioneer Band and Orchestra Benefit Concert
- Register for Winter Break Camp (Feb. 18-22): Camp Fashionista, Hidden Talent Art Studio, FUZE, Almaden Community Center