Saturday, August 17, 2013

Back to School...Again

Welcome back Almaden Acorn Readers!  

The summer went by quickly with lots of fun and fond memories.  My family experienced San Jose Family Camp for the first time and we can see why so many generations of Almaden families keep returning...We loved it!  Its nestled right by Yosemite National Park on the Tuolumne River, with daily games and activities for kids and families, and wonderful counselors.  We have found a place to call our annual summer family vacation.  If you have never heard of it, check out the website and watch the mini video.  To me, it felt like going to the Y camps I attended during summers of my youth, but with parents, too! 

Now my kids are heading back at school, two have started back in elementary school and the last is waiting patiently for his preschool to begin the week after Labor Day.  As the summer winds down, with its cool mornings and hot afternoons, I am enjoying the return of a routine but still the freedom to play with the kids.  Next week, however, Almaden Valley Youth Soccer League begins, the Little Gym semester starts, we have our first Girl Scouts Brownie meeting, and other sports and after school classes will, too, pick up.  So will things to do around the valley.  I love this time of year!

I find myself wondering, as I program in dates and times for the various activities, what will I do while the kids are at school?  Don't get me wrong, I have a full plate of commitments to being a Brownie Leader, Project Cornerstone reader, soccer team manager, classroom helper,co-op preschool parent, and walking our puppy (she is sitting under my chair now waiting to go walk, so I had to include her!). But will I carve out time to continue writing the Almaden Acorn, too?  

I have decided to ask you, my readers.  I have included a poll on the right side of the Almaden Acorn blog site. Please check off all that apply. 
Would you like to receive:
1. The Almaden Acorn weekly e-mailed calendars "This Week in a Nutshell"
2. Bi-monthly e-mailed calendars (every other week)
3. The Almaden Acorn Facebook posts AND the e-mailed (weekly or bi-monthly) calendars 
4. ONLY the Facebook posts
5. NONE of the above

Please take a moment to vote for your preference/s.  I would greatly appreciate it!  I have truly enjoyed writing the Almaden Acorn, and creating a resource for our Almaden families and teens.  I would like to know, though, if I am helping YOU!  

Enjoy the sunshine and start of school! 

Warmly,
Kiley



No comments:

Post a Comment