Morgan Hill is so close to Almaden Valley, its just on the other side of the hills, yet it feels as though you've traveled far away from the fast pace of Silicon Valley. With the rolling hills, the quaint downtown, and sprawling parks, Morgan HIll makes for a relaxing day trip with the family. This weekend proves to be a great time to visit, as the Santa Clara County Open Space Authority, Bay Area Parent and The Museums of Los Gatos host the Coyote Valley Family Farm Fest on Saturday from 11AM-4PM. Register your family for a taste of local cuisine and family entertainment.
While you are there, check out these other family venues:
- Booksmart- hands down one of my kids favorite bookstores, with ice cream too! This Saturday come for Booksmart Art: Mother's Day Cards & Art Project ($3).
- Henry Coe State Park- huge state park to enjoy walking, hiking, picnicking, and the great outdoors.
- Coyote Lake- Harvey Bear Ranch County Park - fishing! Ever taken your kids fishing? Coyote Lake offers a 635-acre lake for fishing and boating. Its fish population includes Black Bass, bluegill, black crappie, and Eurasian carp.
- Spina Farms- On your way down or back along St. Teresa, stop off at Spina Farms stand for fresh local produce.
- Villa Mira Monte- Morgan Hill's Historical Museum, Hiram Morgan Hill House, Centennial History Trail and the rose gardens will engage all with history, artifacts, geology and flora.
- Morgan Hill Farmers' Market- 9AM-1PM on Saturdays.
- Morgan Hill Aquatic Center- While it doesn't open until May 25th, it is worth mentioning because its a great pool to spend a day at with the kids! One of three pools is devoted to kids- with water slides and a spray fountain.
This Week In A Nutshell
Events & Activities
AVYSL FAll 2013 Soccer Registration Now Open
- 5/8 10AM-12PM MOMS Club Almaden/Los Gatos Open House Blossom Hill Park
- 5/8 4:30PM Reading to Furry Friends Almaden Library
- 5/8-12 times vary Billy Elliot The Musical Broadway San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- 5/9 3-4:30PM Tim Myers Hicklebee's Bookstore
- 5/10 1PM 20th Annual Mustang Stampede Golf Tournament Santa Teresa Golf Club
- 5/10 3:30PM Mother's Day Craft Almaden Library
- 5/10-19 times vary Phantom CMTSJ Montgomery Theatre
- 5/11 10AM-12PM Family Hike with a Ranger Calero County Park
- 5/11 10AM-4PM Scout-O-Rama History Park, San Jose
- 5/11 12-4PM Science Saturday at YSI Vasona
- 5/11 4PM Magic Show with Spencer Grey Happy Hollow
- 5/11 6:15PM Parent Survival Night The Little Gym
Mother's Day Activites/ Events:
Teen Roble: Almaden Acorn's Events for Teens
Community Resource: SJPL Teens Site
Summer Volunteers Needed: Summer Reading Program "Dig Into Reading" Ages 15-17
Summer Job Openings: Girls Scouts Day Camp, Camp Metro in San Jose Ages 19+
PresRep: Summer Theater Camp for Teens Ages 12-17
- 5/8-12 times vary Little Women The Musical Sunnyvale Community Players Sunnyvale
- 5/9 7-8:30PM Middle School Was Hard! (What if High School is Harder...) - 6 Week Group Stepping Stones Family Counseling Center
- 5/10 3:30PM Game ON! Wii for Teens Vineland Library